LET’S BE GREAT TOGETHER
By Dr. Gilbert Arrieta, Assistant Principal for Student Affairs – Junior High School Department
True to its tradition, the Salesians and Lay Mission Partners (LMPs) of Don Bosco Technical Institute-Makati City gathered together via Zoom for the annual LMPs General Assembly last August 16, 2021 which was also the 206th birth anniversary of St. John Bosco. Organized by the Human Resource Office, it aptly started with a prayer that was led by Fr. Juvelan Paul Samia, SDB, the Director for Pastoral Ministry.
“Let us be great and be together.” Fr. Favie Faldas, SDB, the School Rector urged everyone as he presented the school’s direction. Taking the words of Jim Collins, he emphasized that Don Bosco-Makati should not rest in its laurels by being contented in being a good school. It must become a great school with teachers who want to become great educators. To achieve greatness, Fr. Rector used the word “GREAT” as an acronym which stands for Grace, Responsibility, Excellence, Ardor and Teamwork. Pointing out the importance of teamwork, he cited the theme of the Olympics which recently showed an added word which is “Together.”
In the school’s pursuit of greatness, he urged everyone to work together as he presented the school’s five main directions for school year 2021-2022 which are:
- Implementation of the new organizational chart (adapted to the new vision-mission statement to be a nurturing and responsive Salesian school);
- Implementation of the New Salesian Educative Pastoral Plan (Highlighting the merry mix of education and evangelization in our school ministry after the heart of the Good Shepherd and inspired by the Preventive System of St. John Bosco after undergoing a process that took a year);
- Capacity Building for ISO certification (After PAASCU, PCNC, TESDA Star Rating National Certification and Asia Pacific Accreditation Certification, we continue our QUALITY ASSURANCE efforts by pursuing ISO standards for the whole institution.);
- Faith Families (learn together, pray together, grow together); and
- A Relevant and Dynamic Pastoral Program (In this year celebrating the 500 years of our Christianity, one of the best gifts we can offer as a school is a renewed and invigorated pastoral program and plan.)
The LMPs were updated on the recent developments in the school. Mrs. Wilma Gamo, the Human Resource Head, presented the new members of the management team of the different departments and reminded everyone on safety protocols and vaccination. Dr. Ferdinand Callueng, the Institutional Affairs Office Head presented the new functional and organizational chart. Fr. Dindo S. Vitug, SDB, Vice-Rector, TVET Director, and Basic Education Director, and Fr. Juvelan Paul Samia, SDB discussed the organizational chart of the TVET Department and Pastoral Ministry respectively.
The assembly ended with the closing remarks from Fr. Ulysses S. Rimbawa, SDB, the Director for Administration and the final blessing was given by Fr. Rector. As one community, the Salesians and LMPs sang “St. John Bosco, Our Loving Father” as a fitting tribute to the school’s patron saint on the occasion of his birth anniversary.
Everyone looks forward to a new school year, armed with beautiful experiences and inspiration from each other, and God’s grace.